Dear Parents/Guardians of Bishop Kenny Juniors and Seniors:
We are looking forward to this year’s Junior-Senior Prom. The Prom will be held on Saturday, April 8th from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. at Aetna Riverfront. The Prom is one is the most anticipated and exciting events of the year for our juniors and seniors, and we appreciate your help in making it an elegant, safe time for all.
Ticket sales, Attire guidelines for students and guests, Guest approval requirements and Photo information has been posted to the school website. If you have any questions, please contact Dean Wray.
Because of our beliefs and commitment to our students, we ask parents to join in helping to ensure safe, enjoyable and alcohol/drug free prom festivities. Every reasonable precaution has been implemented to help make this a successful and memorable event. The Aetna security staff, JSO officers, and Bishop Kenny faculty will monitor the activities while the students are at the Prom. Parents are asked not to provide hotel rooms, condos, or any other place to hold an unchaperoned pre and/or post-prom party. Additionally, we ask for parents support discouraging students from riding in limousines or buses without the intent to enter the prom.
The office of the Deans of Students will be conducting random breathalyzing tests as our students enter the Prom in order to discourage the use of alcohol.
Expectations for BK students and non-BK student guests
- Students will present tickets with photo ID in order to enter the Prom
- Students will follow the guidelines for attire in order to be admitted.
- Students will remain in the prom area. Any student leaving the prom area will not be readmitted. Remember cameras, phones, personal items, etc. as students will not be allowed to go to cars or limos
- Students and guests will abide by the BKHS Student Code of Conduct.
- Students will dance and behave in an appropriate manner. All dance styles must comply with standards of modesty and safety. While at the dance, any behaviors deemed inappropriate by the chaperones will not be tolerated.
- If a student is deemed under the influence of alcohol/controlled substances, his/her parents will be called by the police to pick him/her up. Disciplinary action will also be taken by the school.
The faculty and administrators in attendance will be the final judge of the appropriateness of attire, behavior and dance style. A student violating these rules may have his/her parents phoned and will be asked to leave the prom. No refunds will be issued in the event of an expulsion from the prom. There will be disciplinary consequences for any violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your cooperation. The Junior Class officers have worked hard to provide an elegant and enjoyable evening. If you have any questions, please contact me at school.
Dean of Students