Financial Assistance & Scholarships
Bishop Kenny High School provides limited financial assistance to those students who qualify for grants based on demonstrated financial need and/or extenuating circumstances.
How to Apply for Financial Aid:
- Students must be registered for the 2020-2021 school year to be considered for financial aid. Deadline for registration is March 6, 2020.
- Financial Aid will open on January 1, 2020. Deadline for financial is March 31, 2020. Click here to access FACTS or you may access through your RenWeb account.
- While all families will not meet the criteria, all applicants are required to review the income based Step Up for Students and AAA Scholarships to determine whether or not they meet the eligibility requirements. Please visit their websites listed below for more information.
Click HERE for the Step Up for Students Scholarship
Click HERE for the AAA Scholarship
- Applicants must print, complete, and have the Pastor Recommendation Form (below) signed and returned to the business office. Deadline to turn in this recommendation is March 31, 2020.
- The Financial Aid Committee will review applications in April and mail award letters in May.
If you have questions regarding financial aid please contact Becky Smith in the Business Office at 904-398-7545 ext. 251
Tap to open and print the complete Financial Aid Information Packet & checklist.
Bishop Kenny accepts the following scholarships:
Step Up For Students:
Step Up For Students is a state-approved nonprofit scholarship funding organization that helps administer two scholarships for Florida schoolchildren: the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program (FTC) for low-income families and the Gardiner Scholarship (PLSA) for children with certain special needs.
For more information on the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program click here.
For more information on the Gardiner Scholarship click here
Florida's school choice programs allow parents to choose the best educational setting—public or private—for their child. The McKay Scholarship Program for Students with Disabilities provided over 31,000 Florida students with special needs the opportunity to attend a participating private school during the 2017-18 school year.
Parents of McKay Scholarship Program applicants must withdraw the student from public school prior to enrolling the child on the McKay website so that the first tuition payment is not delayed. The student must also have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 Accommodation Plan, which must accompany admissions materials. To see if your child is eligible click here.
An IEP or 504 Plan is a public school document and is used for informational purposes and/or certification of eligibility for the McKay scholarship in a private school. Bishop Kenny will consider a student’s IEP or 504 Plan while preparing a Bishop Kenny High School Student Support Plan. This plan will specify accommodations and services that are available at Bishop Kenny High School.
The AAA Scholarship Foundation provides economic and other assistance to economically-disadvantaged families and families of children with disabilities to enable them to select the best schools for their children.
For more information on the AAA Scholarship Foundation click here.