Pro Life Ministry
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution, each of us is the result of thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."- Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
BISHOP KENNY HIGH SCHOOL'S PRO LIFE MINISTRY intends to promote and uphold the dignity of all human life from conception until natural death. We exist as a ministry and not a club. We believe that each and every human being is sacred and is created in the Image of God. This includes unborn children from the moment of their conception, those newly born, persons with disabilities and special needs, the sick and suffering in hospitals and asylums, the elderly in nursing homes and assisted living homes, those who are imprisoned and those who are dying.
The main objective of the Pro Life Ministry to build a culture of life one student at a time and to be an ever present living reminder of our call to live the "Gospel of Life" by providing a comprehensive pro-life catechesis on our campus.
- Offer our time, talent and treasure to support women in crisis pregnancy centers in our diocese so that those seeking help can find the support they need to choose life for their unborn children.1
- Work to educate and inform the student body about the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death.
- Organize a "Vigil for Life," featuring prayer and Eucharistic Adoration
- Offer direct service to St. Francis Soup Kitchen2, L' Arche Community3, Hope Haven4
- Participate as a group in the annual March for Life, Washington , DC and the local Life Marches here in Jacksonville and St. Augustine
- Organize and participate in a Respect Life rosary during the Month of October